Please ensure that you have tried the following before you report issues with your channels or IPTV plan with us.
- If the issue is with stopping and starting or buffering - check your Internet speed, if you are getting less than 4Mbs (for correct operation consistently 6mbs or more), do you have other devices which are using lots of your bandwidth such as downloading films or similar? Do you have other streaming devices in operation? If not and you are getting much less than what you are paying for try resetting your router by turning it off, waiting a few seconds and turning back on. For good measure reboot your TV device. Contact your internet provider.
- If you are in the UK your Internet Service Provider may well be throttling your connection having recognised streaming activity - they often do this at peak times. In this case you could first of all try running and connecting with one of the VPN apps before using Smart IPTV. Additionally for V***in customers there are settings that need turning off on your router - turn off firewall and IP flooding (you should be able to find instructions by googling or on YouTube on how to do this).
- Sometimes your Firestick may not have connected to your WiFi properly (this happens on my stick from time to time) - you can usually tell if this is the case because the time and date shown on the screen before you go into Smart IPTV will be wrong. If this is the case, check the connection through the Firestick settings - if the stick is failing to connect reset your router (power off/on your router, wait a couple of minutes, reboot your firestick).
- One user has suggested that Firestick may play up if it gets too hot - I don't know about this for sure, however, ATP would recommend that there is adequate ventilation so that heat does not build up. Like all electronic devices, persisent overheating can ultimately damage the device.
- If your Internet is not working then of course your Smart IPTV channels will not work. Check to see if you can access the Internet from one of your other devices, if not then try resetting your router. If this does not resolve the problem contact your Internet provider.
- Smart IPTV reports a problem with URL nr. 1 - exit the Smart IPTV app, check your internet connection, restart the Smart IPTV app. If this doesn't resolve, check your Internet connection is working. Reboot your router. Try again. If you have recently paid for the Smart IPTV app then you will need to reload your Playlist URL using the guide you were given along with the subscription plan details. If you had already paid for the app, and your channels were previously working try reloading your playlist - use the instructions in the guide to do so. You may also encounter this issue if you are using one of the free VPNs - try with the VPN off, use another VPN or select another country.
- No sound on any channels. It is most unlikely that all channels will be absent of sound, the most likely explanation (and has happened to 3 customers so far) is that you have turned the volume in the app all the way down to mute. You may see a little icon left hand side of the screen in about the middle. Solution is to turn volume up!!! If you are unsure how to do this, visit http://siptv.eu and head for the instructions section. Alternatively refer to the guide you were given if you took a Firestick from us.
- If your issue is with a particular channel:
- Some channels may not switch straight away - this happens where the selected channel isn't very popular, the channel enters a 'sleep mode' until someone attempts to access. You may have to wait 20 seconds or so. You can also try changing up and down a channel in an attempt to wake the channel.
- Try changing up and down a channel to see if this resolves the problem.
- Where an alternate backup channel is available, please try that one.
- If the channel issue is with one of the Sports channels, check to see if an alternative stream is available - a good place to look is in the live events section as the provider often updates this and provides more than one feed for a match. You can also check in the other sports sections. If you are in the UK, and it is Saturday, it could be that Internet Service Providers are blocking the streams, in this case you may need to make use of a VPN - Turbo VPN is a good app working only on Firestick with Alexa however, it won't work on the basic Firesticks.
- If the channel issue is with a free to air channel, and you have tried various troubleshooting options by all means report the channel - in the meantime, if you have an ordinary tuner to receive free to air programming please change to that system so as not to spoil your enjoyment.
BBC iPlayer, ITV hub, Amazon etc..
Your IPTV service does not include support for the so called catchup services though your Firestick may have been loaded with free VPN software to allow you to access this content. Instruction on use are in your guide. The Free VPN software may work one day, and not the next, try one of the other ones. If the VPNs are consistently failing to fooling the catchup apps to your location then you may need to update the VPN app. If you recently got your stick loaded up by All Tech Plus then it is likely you have an app called Aptoide which can be used to update the VPN apps.
If this all seems a bit too much of a faff, then of course you could subscribe to a paid for service where you will have much more redress if things don't work via. their support channels. Please read the article on accessing geographicall locked content on our site here: http://all-tech-plus.com/our-articles/65-how-to-access-geographically-locked-services
Support Portal FAQ
Non channel support is now being offered via. the support portal. Any questions/tickets that are raised and resolved in the support portal whose answers may be useful to others will be added to the Frequently Asked Questions section in the support portal. You may find answers to your questions in there. It's free to register and use the portal, it's free to send a ticket but note that any 'work requested' may be chargeable. There are videos on the support signup page which show you how it all works.
If the issue is with your device and not the IPTV service, for example you've lost an App, want your apps updating on your device and so on, open a ticket in the portal. Work carried out to resolve will be chargeable unless you have a support plan which covers the work.
Direct Feeds, BBC Regionals - Important especially relevant to Sports viewers!
Our supplier has added a number of what they call direct feed channels - these often provide alternatives to some of the other channels, and are apparently directly from the stream provider (rather than restreamed from another provider) - you may find that there are 1080 and 720p variants - the 720p uses less bandwidth (speed of your internet) and should be used if you are having problems with buffering. You will need to search down through the channel groups to find the ones that start with 'Direct...' There is no point reporting a non-direct channel when there are alternatives available, the supplier will have a look at it but often will ask viewers to try one of the alternatives.
The regional BBC channels are geographically locked and must, therefore, in Spain, be used with a VPN - I haven't tested this, but this is what I've been told.